Saptapadi - Seven Steps, Saptapadī with Meaning - Free Post 4 U Google+

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Total Pageviews

Google Search

Sponsored Link

Sunday 25 October 2015

Saptapadi - Seven Steps, Saptapadī with Meaning

Saptapadi - Seven Steps, Saptapadī with Meaning

An Indian wedding ceremony takes place in front of a priest, family and friends. ‘Saptapadi’ or ‘Saat Phere’ is the single most important rite of the Hindu Wedding Ceremony. The bride and the groom sit in front of the holy fire, while the priest recites religious sayings out of the Scriptures. As per the Hindu religious beliefs, fire is the sustainer of life and all Gods and Goddesses are seated around it. The priest asks the family members to serve offerings into the fire as the couple walks around it 7 times, while exchanging vows of love, duty, respect, fidelity, nourishment, strength, happiness, progeny, long life, harmony & understanding.

Vows taken by the groom
  1. 1. I will keep you cherished and take care of your welfare and provide happiness to your and to our children. We will together take care of our home, finance and food.
  2. I will give love to you and only you. I will give you courage and strength always.
  3. We will grow prosperous and wealthy and work hard to give education to our children.
  4. I thank you for the sacredness you have brought into my life.
  5. I ask Goddess Lakshmi to bless us and make us prosperous.
  6. I will fill your heart with peace and joy every now and then.
  7. As you have taken the seven pheras with me, our friendship and love has become inseparable and strong. Now, you are mien and I’m yours and may our matrimony last forever with success.

Vows taken by the bride
  1. 1. I agree to share the responsibilities you have taken in the first phera.
  2. I will fill your heart with strength and courage and will rejoice in your happiness
  3. I will give you my love with single-minded devotion. All other men are secondary to me.
  4. I will always be with you and participate in all divine acts like fire sacrifice, charity and worship.
  5. I will be with you, whether it is your joy or sorrow. I will be happy with your true love.
  6. May God always bless you and I’ll be there for you in every stage of your life.
  7. I have taken all these vows with my pure heart and I will never let you down. I will be a faithful companion and promise to live life of love, friendship and mutual trust. I will love you always, throughout my life. I have now become your wife by taking these 7 pheras in front of the holy fire.

An Indian wedding is all about customs and rituals. There are several of them which are done before and after the marriage, therefore, making it a elaborate ceremony. Every rite and ritual has its own hidden meaning that cannot be done away with. However, most important of them are the 7 pheras themselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

 

©2009 Free Post 4 U | by Home